25 ideas on how to increase your website traffic for free
We all love free traffic. Well, free is kind of a wrong description. You’ll have to work for it…
Here’s some ideas of how to increase traffic to your site.
- Write great posts. Content is king!
- Optimize your website for search engines. If you are using WordPress, get an SEO plugin like Yoast SEO
- Post in forums. Post useful responses to people’s questions. Add a link to your website in your signature or at the end of your response. Try not to overdo it. It’s disrespectful and you will eventually be banned.
- Comment on blogs. Find other blogs in your niche and make relevant comments to the posts. Include your link. Same as forum posts, be respectful!
- Add a sitemap. (Yoast SEO will do that for you).
- Add images to your posts to make them more attractive. Add proper keywords to Alt text.
- Contact a blog owner in your niche and offer to do a guest post on his blog. Make sure it’s high quality.
- Ask a blog owner to make a guest post on your blog.
- Share your content on social media sites, like Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Pinterest etc. Check this list of 250+ dofollow social sharing sites.
- Make use of Long Tail Keyword instead of trying to go for the short, hard ones.
- Internal linking. Link keywords in your article to other content on your blog for people to get more information about the topic.
- Create a Facebook group about your topic and invite people to discussions.
- Advertise on a free advertising forum. Some of the most popular is Craigslist, Gumtree, Classifiedads.
- Exchange traffic. If you made a blog post that has links to other websites, contact the webmaster and ask if he would do the same for you.
- Create an email signature. Add a signature to your email with your name and a link to your site and an incentive to visit your site.
- Hold a Google Hangout. Talk about your passion and share it on Google Hangout.
- Update your content on your website so it’s updated and fresh.
- Interview marketing leaders in your niche. Post the interview on your blog.
- Include social sharing buttons on your blog posts.
- Start a podcast. Connect with people.
- Submit your best post to Reddit and Digg. Watch them get rated and liked.
- Make your site responsive. It should look great on every platform. Check your site with Googles Mobile Friendly Test Tool.
- Make your site fast. Test your site with Google PageSpeed Insights.
- Keep track of your sites data. Use Google Analytics to get insights of your visitors’ behaviors.
- Tell everyone about your website (obvious, OR?)
I hope I’ve inspired you to some new tactics. Try them out to see what fits you.
There is probably hundreds or even thousands of ways to increase your website traffic for free.
Feel free to come up with even more great/smart/crazy ideas in the comments.